9 Email Campaign Statistics you need to know in 2022

August 21, 2021

    Electronic mail has been around since the 1960s, yet it is only now that people realize its true potential. When wielded correctly, email campaigns can yield excellent results in lead and revenue generation. Here are 9 Email Campaign Statistics you need to know in 2021 to run successful cold email campaigns.

    What are email campaigns?

    An email campaign is essentially a sequence of emails that have been designed to entice the target audience into fulfilling some action. They allow companies to reach out to a large number of people with ease. Using email campaigns enables you to build long-lasting and trusting relationships with your customers.

    We’ve put together a list of statistics to showcase just how vital emails and email campaigns are for business growth.

    1. So many emails are sent every day!

    the number of emails sent everyday

    Emails have always been a widely used method of communication, but with the pandemic and the emergence of Work From Home (WFH), the use and importance of emails have skyrocketed. In 2021, 319.6 billion emails are being sent every day (Statistica, 2021).

    That’s about 13.32 billion emails an hour. Emails have the power to connect people at all times of the day, throughout the year. Businesses big and small must take advantage of this through well-constructed email marketing strategies and automation tools.

    2. The email user base is quite diverse.

    email users

    244.5 million out of the 4.6 billion (Statista) email users reside in the United States. Every inbox contains an average of at least 200 un-opened emails.

    While people of all ages use emails, the age group of 25-44-year-olds are the most active users.

    3. The price of sending an email is insanely low.

    email sending price

    It costs about one-third of a penny to send an email. (Informanagement)

    For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you make about $38 in return (Campaign Monitor). To give you some perspective- statistics show that for every $1 spent on PPC, paid advertising yields a $2 return.

    4. Belgium has the highest open-rates

    belgium has the highest open rates

    While emails are sent and received by most countries worldwide, Belgium yields the highest open rates. Email open rates can be affected by many factors, including the time of day you sent the email, images and links, frequency, etc. Open rates are a great way to measure how successful your email campaign is.

    5. Welcome emails are surprisingly useful.

    welcome emails are useful

    As mentioned before, open rates are one of the best measures for how well people respond to your email campaigns. As it turns out, welcome emails have quite an impact on the target audience.

    The average open rate for welcome emails is over 86.03%. This means there’s almost a near guarantee that your audience will read a Welcome Email. Business and brand owners must use this to their advantage.

    6. Emojis don’t really make a difference.

    the use of emojis have no effect on open rates

    Emojis are a great way to add a little oomph to our texts and copy. However, statistically speaking, emojis do not affect the open rate, click-through rate, or click-to-open rate.

    Out of all the emails we analyzed, 96.58% had emojis in them, while the other 3.42% didn’t. But, the open rates for both emails with and without emojis were the same.

    7. Personalized emails have an impact on your open-rates

    number of personalized emails sent

    Out of the 319.6 billion emails that were sent every day in 2020, 83.25% contained a personalized subject line while the other 16.75% did not.

    Within the sample of emails we analyzed, open rates for emails with personalized subjects lines were slightly higher than emails without personalized subject lines.

    8. So Much SPAM!

    spam emails

    Did you know that nearly 85% of all emails sent are Spam? But, only 2.5% of Spam mail are usually scammers trying to commit some fraud. This means that most of the Spam is either harmless or incorrectly filtered. Spams are the most significant reason behind unsuccessful email campaigns and cost businesses about 20 billion dollars a year (Statista). Warming up your email through email automation tools, such as OutReachBin, is a great way to ensure your email never again ends up in Spam.

    9. .....and some more Spam

    spam emails report

    About 60 billion spam emails have been sent daily between 2019 to 2021. Some 14.5 billion spam emails are sent every day, 1,160 of which, surprisingly enough, get replies.

    Unexpectedly, Spain is the most targeted country for Spam. In the third quarter of 2020, Spain accounted for 7.76 percent of all measured email antivirus detections. Germany ranked second with a 7.05 percent target rate each. In September 2020, 47.3 percent of all email traffic was Spam.

    Article written by Fariha
    Send emails that land in your prospect's inbox and get replies. Automate your emails, convert more prospects and grow your business
    Copyright 2021. OutReachBin.com
    arrow-right linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram